Tuesday, 7 June 2011
Methi Capsicum Rice
2 cups rice (raw rice)
1 bunch methi (chopped fine alongwith the stalks)
2 medium sized capsicums (sliced lengthwise)
2 green chillies (sliced lengthwise)
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 inch cinnamon
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
a pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil (you can use oil as per your taste, i like it less since it helps in my diet)
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and let it splutter.
2. Add onions and once it is translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add the capsicum and methi and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes and fry for another minute.
4. Now add the spice powders and salt, fry for a minute and then add the rice, mix well.
5. Add 4 cups water and pressure cook this for 2 whistles.
Garnish and serve as is or with raita