How to Prepare Uthukuli Thayir Sadam?
* You can also use Normal Cooking butter.
1. Pressure Cook One Cup of Rice. Rice has to be Over cooked, so that it could be easily mashed.
Pressure cook the rice upto 5 whistle count.
2. Mix 2 tbsp's of Uthukuli Butter to the Hot rice and mash the rice with the back of the spoon.
The butter and rice should get mixed up well.
3. Add One and Half cup of Thick Curd to the rice and mix well. add salt to taste too.
4. For Tempering,
heat a tsp of oil in a small pan,
add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds,
1/2 tsp of split urad dal,
1 inch of ginger chopped finely,
1 sprig of curry leaves,
2 Green Chilli's finely chopped.
roast the above and remove from the flame.
5. Add the Tempering to the Curd Rice and mix well.
also add 1 tsp of chopped corriander leaves,
2 tbsp's of finely chopped Carrot
and mix well.
6. Serve the Curd Rice with Pickle or Mor Milagaai.
Note: Prepare the Curd Rice ahead and chill them for atleast 20 minutes before serving.
If you are Curd Rice Lover, do give it a try. I highly recommend this for Kids. also this Curd rice will be a great treat for your Guests.